This No-Bake Energy Bites recipe is easy to make,
full of feel-good ingredients, and irresistibly delicious!
It’s one of my all-time favorite recipes here on the blog, and one that I’ve personally made about a zillion times since I first published it here eight years ago.
I love these little energy bites because they are easy to make with simply pantry ingredients that I almost always have on hand. They are super easy to mix up and roll into cute little energy balls. (Or if you would like to save time, you can press the mixture into a parchment-covered baking dish, and then cut them into energy bars.) They are the perfect make-ahead recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacking or breakfasts. And most importantly, they are just irresistibly good.
To make this no bake energy bites recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups of raisins
- ½ cup of dried prunes
- ½ cup dried figs
- 1 cup of nuts of your choice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Optional: coat with grated coconut, pure cocoa powder, chopped nuts or dried fruit
HOW TO MAKE ENERGY BALLS:
- Grind the nuts to a flour texture and set aside.
- Crush the dried fruit separately until smooth.
- Add the crushed nuts, lemon juice and cinnamon and crush until all the ingredients form a dough.
- Form balls with the dough (1 serving equals 2 balls).
- Coat them with your favourite healthy ingredient if you want.
- Serve! Enjoy them immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week, or freeze up to 3 months.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Stay tuned for more!